Today we had an open mic event, only hardly anyone read. I did most of the reading for an hour and a half. But, that’s ok! Everyone enjoyed it anyway! (Or so they said)
Here’s a list of the poems I read, and some links people shared. (In no particular order)
- “Rampion” by Catherynne M. Valente
- “Atlantis” by Caitlin R. Kiernan
- “Another Rehearsal for Morning” by Joseph Massey
- “Thinking of Work” by James Shea
- “Where the Sidewalk Ends” by Shel Silverstein
- “If You Forget Me” by Pablo Neruda
- “Transverse Love” by Peter Chiykowski
- “Dust to Dust” by A.E. Weber
- “Anecdote of the Squid” by Robert Bringhurst
- “These Poems, She Said” by Robert Bringhurst
- “Dream-Land” by Edgar Allan Poe
- “Picture Puzzle Piece” by Shel Silverstein
- “Tryin’ On Clothes” by Shel Silverstein
Here is a link to some Karin Boye poems that were brought up in the discussion – translated into English.
This blog post is one that was read from by a guest.
This video is of a french poem by Brassens, “Ballade Des Dames Du Temps Jadis”. I have no idea what it means in English, so feel free to translate if you want to!
And, I think that’s it…There were some other poems read in other languages, but I don’t know the title and author name’s were.