I meant to make a post about which poems I’ve been reading at the events. So, here is my list. Please do check out the poets, they are all very talented.
- “Where the Sidewalk Ends” by Shel Silverstein
- “There is Another Sky” by Emily Dickinson
- “A Girl” by Ezra Pound
- “If You Forget Me” by Pablo Neruda
- “Phenomenal Woman” by Maya Angelou
- “Eating Poetry” by Mark Strand
- “Hyper-” by Mark Strand
- “Piano” by D.H. Lawrence
- “Transverse Love” by Peter Chiykowski
- “Dust to Dust” by A.E. Weber
- “Sun” by D.H. Lawrence
Among various others, I’ve heard a few poems that are just fantastic by in-world poets. One I want to point out is Buttermilk Panecek, with his poem, “I Met A Man In The Desert.” Every time he’s read that poem I get shivers. If you can catch him at a reading, you can hopefully hear it.
The poetry events in SL are just great. There’s always good attendance and the poets, and those interested, are just fantastic people. I definitely suggest checking it out. Also, if you are interested in events going on, IM Klannex and ask for a copy of the Apple Poetry Magazine.